Error 1230: Setup failed because of an issue with our registration system
When you try to install Windows Live OneCare, you may receive the following message:
Setup failed because of an issue with our registration system. Please contact the Help Center for assistance and give them the Error ID number below.
Error ID: 1230
This problem can occur if you use software that blocks websites and prevents children from downloading programs. Usually, if you unblock the Windows Live OneCare website, you’ll be able to install Windows Live OneCare.
Sometimes, software used to block websites continues to block the installation of Windows Live OneCare after you unblock the Windows Live OneCare website. The SafeBrowse program Safe Eyes is one program that can prevent you from installing Windows Live OneCare.
To resolve this issue, uninstall the software, install Windows Live OneCare, and then reinstall the software. Because these programs are designed to prevent their removal without proper authorization, see the documentation that came with your software.
To uninstall the Safe Eyes program, visit the SafeBrowse Obtain an Uninstall code web page to obtain an uninstall code, and then follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Under Pick a category, click Add or Remove Programs.
- Under Pick a task, click Remove a program.
- In the Currently installed programs and updates list, click Safe Eyes, and then click Change/Remove.
- Click Remove.
- Enter your user name, your administrator password, and the uninstall code from the Obtain an Uninstall code website.
- Follow the instructions to remove the software.
- Restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, install Windows Live OneCare, and then reinstall Safe Eyes.
The following versions of Safe Eyes may cause this issue:
- Safe Eyes 2006
- Safe Eyes 2005
- Safe Eyes Toolbar for the Firefox Toolbar for 2006
- Safe Eyes Toolbar for the Firefox Toolbar for 2005
- Safe Eyes Friend Toolbar For Internet Explorer