Have you backed up the files on your PC recently?
With Windows Live OneCare, backing up important files such as photos, music, and documents is a snap. Keeping up-to-date backups helps protect your important data from loss or corruption as a result of accidental deletion, malicious attacks, or hard disk failure. With OneCare you can back files up to the location of your choice: external hard disk, CD, or DVD. No matter which type of backup you choose, OneCare reminds you when your files need backing up and can even back up your files automatically if you use an external hard disk drive.
And Windows Live OneCare goes beyond backup, securing your PC from viruses, spyware, hackers, and other unwanted intruders while also tuning up your PC to help keep it running at top speed.
Your OneCare service* comes with:
Backup and Restore
- Helps protect your files by regularly backing them up to a CD, DVD, or external hard drive
- Restores files from your backups to your original computer or to any other computer running Windows Live OneCare
- Makes it easy to add files to or exclude files from the backup with simple, easy-to-use categories
- Removes viruses, worms, and Trojan horses
- Scans and cleans attachments, downloads, and other files
- Updates automatically to counteract new threats
- Uses Windows® Defender to help protect your PC against pop-ups, slow performance, and security breaches
- Helps protect your PC from hackers when you send or receive data over the Internet
- Updates continuously to block harmful applications
- Automatically defragments your hard disk, cleans and compresses temporary files, and installs operating-system updates from Microsoft
* Windows Live OneCare is currently available only to U.S. residents. See additional installation requirements.