Windows Live OneCare Help Center
How do I decrypt a file?
Use this procedure when you want to decrypt a previously encrypted file
(for example, to allow the file to be included in Windows Live OneCare Backup.)
- Open Windows Explorer or My Computer.
- Browse to the folder containing the file you want to decrypt.
Right-click the file and then click Properties.
- In Attributes, click Advanced.
- In Compress or Encrypt attributes, clear the Encrypt content to secure data checkbox.
- Click OK, and then click OK in the Properties dialog box.
You must have permission to access the file to decrypt a file.
Was this topic useful?