Uninstalling existing antivirus programs: CA eTrust Antivirus
||Before you set up Windows Live OneCare, please make sure
you completely uninstall any existing antivirus or firewall program that may be
on your computer.
This step is very important no matter what protection software
you use, because installing one antivirus or firewall program over another on
the same computer could potentially lock up the computer.
Note: If you would like to keep the ability to reinistall your old antivirus or firewall program in the future, make sure that you have the original product CD (or a backup disc of the program) before you begin uninstalling.
How do I uninstall Computer Associates eTrust Antivirus 7.0?
- Click Start...
...then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
Note: If you are in Category View, now click Remove a program.
- A list of the programs installed on your computer will appear. On the left side of this window, the Change or Remove Programs icon should be selected. If it is not, click the icon once to select it.
- Find the Computer Associates product (e.g., "CA eTrust Antivirus") in the list. Click the eTrust entry to highlight it, then click the Change/Remove button.
- Click Yes in the "Are you sure...?" dialog box that appears.
- When this removal process is done, you will see a message that says "In order to complete uninstallation, please reboot your computer now." Click the OK button, then click OK again to close the uninstaller window.
- Restart Windows to complete the removal of the old software.